Application Package

The UK is home to some of the world’s best universities.  Whether you want to study abroad for a short time or obtain your degree qualifications, studying in the UK can give you the academic advantage to help you achieve your goals.  Student visas are assessed under Tier 4 of the Points Based System and require sponsorship by a qualifying UK Educational Institution.

Tier 4 (General)

You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) visa to study in the UK if you 16 years old or over and have an unconditional offer of a place at a qualified UK educational establishment. Before you apply for your visa, you will have to obtain a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from your Tier 4 education provider. You will need to meet the maintenance, accommodation and other eligibility requirements. You may be able to work in the UK depending on the level of course that you are studying and the type of sponsor that your educational provider is. *Restrictions apply.

Short-Term Study 

A Short-Term Study visa will allow you to enter the UK for up to 6 months to do a short course of study or a training course. If you are doing an English Language Course, you may be allowed to stay in the UK for up to 11 months.

Tier 4 (Child)

You can apply for a Tier 4 (Child) visa if you are between the age of 4 and 17 years old and have an unconditional offer of a place at a qualified education provider. If you are under 16 years old you must be studying at an independent, fee-paying school. You will need to show evidence that you have the consent of your parents or guardian and have enough money to cover the costs of your course and living expenses and meet the other eligibility requirements.

Parent of a Tier 4 Child visa

A Parent of a Child at School visa will allow you to enter the UK for up to 12 months if your child is attending an independent fee paying school in the UK and is under the age of 12 years old. It may be possible to apply for an extension of this visa in certain circumstances.


You may apply fora qualifying family member to accompany or join you in the UK if you are studying a course at a Higher Educational Institution that is at Postgraduate level or above lasting 1 year or more. You may also apply to bring family members if you are a Doctorate Extension Scheme student or are a new government sponsored student and on a course lasting 6 months or more.

A qualifying family member is a spouse, civil partner, unmarried partner, same-sex partner or child under 18 years old. Your family member will need to show evidence of their relationship to you as well as having adequate funds to support them in the UK.

Date Required
To comply with data protection regulations (2018), we are unable to store and use your information unless you give us your permission. Please select Yes to allow this. View our data protection policy for details.

Additional Hours

Consultations are normally conducted between 9am and 5pm Monday – Friday.  However, if required, evening consultations may be available. Please contact us for further information.

In Person Consultation

Consultations are normally provided via Skype or telephone.  In-person consultations can be arranged at IQA Immigration’s offices in Edinburgh.  Time slots for in-person consultations are limited and subject to availability.

In Person Representaion (Premium Service in Scotland)

If a client is eligible for and wishes to book an in-person appointment at the UKVI Premium Service Centre in Glasgow, IQA Immigration can provide in-person representation for an additional fee.