Application Package

The UK is currently home to over 63 million people living throughout Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales. Whether you are eligible for settlement in the UK though a family member, work, current residence or another reason, IQA Immigration Specialists can help you with the process. Below is a list of the main Settlement / Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) Visas.

Family Member of a British Citizen / Settled Person

If you are the qualifying family member of a British Citizen or a person who is settled in the UK and you wish to live with them, then you will need to apply for a family of a settled person visa before you travel to the UK.  You will need to provide evidence of your relationship to the settled person and also meet the English Language, financial and accommodation requirements.  Your visa will initially be granted for 33 months with the option to extend and apply for settlement once eligible.

EEA Family Permit

If you are a qualifying family member of an EEA National you can apply for an EEA Family Permit to accompany or join them in the UK.  You must apply for an EEA Family Permit from overseas before travelling to the UK.

EEA Residence Card

If you are in the UK and are a qualifying family member of an EEA National who is working in the UK then you can apply for an EEA Residence Card.  You are not required to have an EEA Residence Card to live in the UK, however it is recommended as this will show employers that you are authorised to work in the UK and will also allow you to travel into and out of the UK quickly and with ease.

Returning Resident

If you previously held Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK but have been away for more than 2 years then you will need to apply for a Returning Residents Visa before re-entering the UK and living here permanently.

Indefinite Leave to Remain

If you qualify for settlement in the UK (also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain or ILR) then you will be able to live in the UK without any time or work restrictions.  Your eligibility for ILR will depend on the type of visa that you hold and the length of time that you have spent in the UK. 

Date Required
To comply with data protection regulations (2018), we are unable to store and use your information unless you give us your permission. Please select Yes to allow this. View our data protection policy for details.

Additional Hours

Consultations are normally conducted between 9am and 5pm Monday – Friday.  However, if required, evening consultations may be available. Please contact us for further information.

In Person Consultation

Consultations are normally provided via Skype or telephone.  In-person consultations can be arranged at IQA Immigration’s offices in Edinburgh.  Time slots for in-person consultations are limited and subject to availability.

In Person Representaion (Premium Service in Scotland)

If a client is eligible for and wishes to book an in-person appointment at the UKVI Premium Service Centre in Glasgow, IQA Immigration can provide in-person representation for an additional fee.